Sunday, April 8, 2012

a dearth of deets......

I got discouraged with this blog and gave up for a while. My new android phone has been a little confusing. It took me forever to figure out how to upload photos into iphoto. (by forever, I mean the length of time it took to google the question and fiddle around for awhile.......it SEEMED like an eternity at the time)

Then I was frustrated when the videos of the boys wouldn't upload.

Finally...I really didn't feel like writing. I enjoy writing but I earnestly want to write well....or well-er than I have in the past. My nit picky sensibilities demand perfection. Toss in a higher than normal rate of anxiety because of some well placed stressful events and it is the perfect recipe for a stagnant blog and a nasty case of guilt and regret for letting it go. Win....WIN.

Tonight we have just returned from a lovlier than normal trip and it is killing me trying to cobble together some coherent and poignant thoughts.

This is going to be a jumble of information but....here goes.

The boys are doing fantastic. Spring break came and went and unfortunately I only got in one little visit. Guy got more. Cue more regret.

DJ is smack dabbers in the middle of finishing his Eagle Scout award. This means his application is in and we are waiting for the green light. It will really help us out since the ceremony is already planned and happening. Anyone who wants to come....it is this coming Wednesday the 25th..............cross your fingers. ANd I have an AWESOME story about turning in his app....another blog post.

Guy's whole family lives up in Utah a good 10 hours away. We don't get up there often and they don't get down here too much. Solution....meet in the middle. Campout at Quail Creek State Park.

I slept in a tent....on the ground for two nights. A: haven't done that in 20 years. B: slept horribly C: LOVED every minute of it.

The moon was hideously romantic; the sunrise sublime.
DJ spontaneously doing his homework in this gorgeous scenery.....good job!
Guy's family is a lot of fun and we spent Saturday hiking in Zion National Park.

You cannot consider it a successful hike unless you get a chance to throw rocks into the water....

Baby JoJo chewing on his favorite blanket appropriately named "Dave"

We ended the day eating at the famous Whiptail Grill...the giant cliffs towering over us as we dined al fresco on goat cheese chile verde and other delights. It was incredible.

We stopped in the valley to see My parents and a few sibs. Annie grabbed this pic with me and the girls.
Lucy in the giant palm.

And...nothing says Easter like finding dozens of roly polys under a rock!!
The trip was fantastic. Being outdoors melted my frozen heart. I'm totally inspired to make more time for nature. I feel refreshed and ready to.........blog. Happy Easter.

No comments: