at work I am in the midst of preparing for the first Gift with purchase of the year. Or in Lancome-speak...the first "G". How it works is this. You call all your customers and tell them about it ahead of time so that they can reserve their products and hand pick their gift FIRST. They beat the crowds and get some personalized attention before the big cattle call. Because once the bell rings and they open the gates for the "G"...it gets more than a little cray cray.
I love this time because I get to reconnect with my emerging customers, show them some love and reward them for giving me the chance to be of service. And since I have only been officially with Lancome for less than a year, I'm extra grateful that people still want my help.
My customer yesterday was looking for a new lipstick and we found it at length. Being the kidder that I am I joked with her about the name on the lipstick we picked..."lasting Kiss". I said.."hey now...your husband is really going to like this one". She was a little caught off guard but she told me that her husband is now in a home because he has Altzheimers.
*Crestfallen Look + immediate Regret"
From there we began the REAL talk. He's been in for a year but the time up to that point was pretty devastating for her. Her world is upsidedown and she has lost her best friend to boot.
For the first time I was really happy to be able to tell someone that my boys were in a home too. Until now It has always been an explanation for why my boys live in another town.
We talked for a good 15 minutes and in the end, I was able to tell her...."it gets better"
So my dear friend is entering a new chapter in her life, mourning the loss of her sweetheart, learning to do everything for herself and learning how to enjoy life with her loved one in a home.
No comments:
Post a Comment