Wednesday, February 18, 2015

WHAT THE WIZ???

Image result for atomic bomb
You know when you have an explosion in your brain? The clouds part and you hear violins?

I have never had that happen but I did happen to feel a great big push from the universe in the last two weeks.

Things are changing fast in my world and I've been scrambling to keep my balance but also to not lose my way. You all know the crazy that has been our transition.

In spite of that, something big is going to happen. A master plan. A HUGE idea that may end up changing the world.

Can't tell you all of it but at the very least we are going to venture out on a legal quest to gain legal conservatorship of the kiddos.

For those of you who don't know, Ty is now 19. Anyone and their dog could get his signature on anything and totally take his good credit for a ride. Since he is incapable of defending himself, momma and daddy must step in.

Now y'all are my witnesses. Instead of going through the regular channels to process this, we are going to use a legal service. This is an experiment. This is a test to make sure that more families can get the protection and support that they need.

I'm a little nervous. We have zero experience in handling something like this. But, hey? If I had a nickel for every uncharted path I have had to take over the last 45 years, I wouldn't be needin' no legal service. I would have my own lawyer on retainer.

So life is good! We are off to the races and if this goes where it seems like we are being pulled.....AWESOMENESS will be had by all.

The second cool thing I am going to do is start a network of communication for Special Needs Families that have children and adults in group homes.

The time has come!

Out of the shadows of shame people. We have toiled long enough to have people with special needs reach great levels of acceptance. Our children are getting exponentially better access to care in the public and private arena.

Now is the time to do the same for those who require extra supports for their families. Those of us who need to out-source the physical demands of care. Team parenting at a different level.

It is a given that there are confidentiality issues with group homes. Privacy is super important. I don't have a clue how that is going to be handled.

But together, we will prevail.

So, my peeps. Get you thinking caps on. Reach out to everyone around you. Spread the word that help is on the way!

We will blog. We will share. We can document our transition stories for those who are getting ready to take this step. We will give courage and strength for parents and family that need this service but are too scared to start.

We will talk out loud about what it is like to have your special needs child living somewhere else.

OUT LOUD!!

Group homes.....a part of your family....in your community.


No comments: