Tuesday, March 3, 2020

4.5 months

I'm of the opinion that it takes about nine months in a new city for the worst disorientation of relocation to calm down. I'm half-way there. Here is what I have accomplished so far.

A trip to AZ
A trip to the Bahamas
A trip to see the Kids in SoCal.
Another quarter of graduate school.
Hiking.
Shopping for land to buy a house. (Location is important).
I know pretty well how to get around town but I still use my phone to find stuff. There is a shortlist of places I can find on my own: Costco, groceries, Target, the mall, my therapist, the mountains, the airport.
Found some good places to eat. (I was really worried when I first got here. This is the south and there is a LOT of paper-mache on the menu:colorless-vegetable-less-fatty-fried-stuff. Most of it hurts my stomach).
I'm unpacked.
Got my driver's license.

No comments: