Made it.
Guy came home with a broken wrist and all I wanted him to do was save me from myself.
All that pent up emotion came spilling out and not in a good way. I think I ate myself through 10,000 calories before even taking a breath.
It has been two weeks now and tomorrow is the first day of school. Both DJ and Tyler will be going but not Spence.
The school district is still dragging their feet. We have no signed IEP. We have no agreement about what is going to happen. Rather than send Spence, we are keeping him home. We will just wait it out and see if we can sort out our differences.
I was getting ready to have this whole- Escape from Alcatraz-party like it's 1999-I can't believe I made it through this whole summer- celebration day. Now it isn't going to happen.
I'm a little bummed.
I'll still keep that fantasy. it will happen it's just a matter of when.
Not to completely pooh-pooh this whole summer, I have made tremendous progress.
1. We are having family breakfast every morning. It feels awesome to be together as a family.
2. My house is not in a shambles. It's still a little crusty but it is vastly improved from last year.
3. Guy is a huge help in the mornings and bedtime. Gooooooo Team!!
4. I can still fit into my size 8s.
5. I'm still breathing in and out.
1 comment:
Just found your blog today - my sis-TAH! Whenever I hear a mom lamenting that "The summer went by too fast", I wonder what kind of drugs they're taking ... and if they can give me any. All I have is the OTC intoxicant also known as Hagen-Dasz, and it ain't workin'.
Post a Comment