Monday, August 18, 2008

This lock is the story of my life.


Everything in my house has to be locked up. The fridge, the pantry, the front door, the garage, all the bedrooms and occasionally the bathrooms. The front door is locked from the inside as well. All the windows have locks on them.

On more than one occasion I have caught my children sitting on the window ledge on the second floor of my house admiring the view.

I have lost count of how many times the boys slipped out of the house through a window that wasn't locked. That's why my heart jumps every time the phone rings or someone knocks at the front door. You never know who it will be and you are dreading the sound of someone asking, "umm, do you have a boy with autism"?

Locks define my life and keep my boys alive.

2 comments:

mama edge said...

The image of that lock really stuck with me. I only have one lock, on a cabinet where I keep anything sharp that could be used as a weapon, a good bottle of wine if I ever have a party (as if), a few precious keepsakes that I don't want destroyed during a meltdown.

Just want you to know I'm thinking about you today and hoping you find at least one open door in your life.

Casdok said...

Thankfully we have now got past that.
Keep you on your toes dont they!