Monday, January 3, 2011

pebbles in my pond.......




fabulous holiday. we all drank deeply from the pool that is "fun with family". felt great....tasted amazing.....and now back to real life.

Looking back on the last few weeks I noticed that I didn't lose my nerve or composure much. Only a few times. People asked about the boys and made some lovely comments of encouragement and support.

Seriously....I am forever grateful for the generous observations that others have made. No awkward pauses or quick looks of surprise and shock. (you just can't help but learn about that "look" once your kid shows the signs). I couldn't help tearing up.

I think I can make it another couple of months after hearing it all. Makes it easier to surf that wave, ya know?

Especially now. We have had an incident at the boys' house and are in the middle of sorting it out. I don't feel strong enough to talk about it yet, but I'm definitely strong enough to deal with it after all the encouragement.

every pebble counts

1 comment:

Rena said...

having a support circle who "gets it" is priceless. I am always grateful to my friends who are there and understanding. That look you mention is annoying, but thankfully I have several friends who never drown me with pity or curiosity.