Sunday, July 17, 2011

oh....snap!




For some reason I have been drawn to photography. I'm a total beginner and so what that means is that I do a LOT of fiddling. If you want to know your camera....

FIDDLE!

Don't be intimidated!

The best thing about digital is that you can instantly delete the photo and start all over again. Try switching your camera to Black and White...play with getting REALLY close up to things. Have fun and enjoy the creative process.


About four years ago when finances were a little looser we got a Nikon D40. It's a GREAT beginner camera for people getting into digital SLRs (single lens reflex).

Its kind of like a pro camera but with training wheels.

Between books from the library, youtube and free websites there is so much to learn. I'm lucky enough to have a friend in the ward who shares my passion and has taken some excellent classes. I am his young Paduan learner to his Jedi-like expertise. (corny...I KNOW)

I wanted to share a few pictures that I have taken and enjoyed.

Christmas this last year.
This was the stairway of our first hotel in Oslo Norway. The country is full of wrought iron details.

My nephew's shoes in the evening light.


I got lucky one morning. This was taken from the top of our housing development.

Early morning in Flom, Fjord. The water was like glass.

This is one of my favorite candids! Not the greatest photo but the moment was precious!


This is when I started to experiment with my telephoto lens.



I like the color and the opposite triangles the rocks make.
I'm going through withdrawal symptoms right now since my camera is broken and in the shop. Hopefully we will be reunited this next week.

1 comment:

Melanie said...

Great photos Danna. I still think it's awesome you got that photo of Jacob. You snapped it at the most perfect moment. Priceless!! :)