I've just caught my first cold of the season. Work is going very well. I look forward to it every day. I LOVE helping people and trying to make their day just a little better. It makes it that much more hilarious when I run into customers that are just determined to not like anything. Even last night I had a woman come in to the fragrance counter, (my first night in that department) and complain that she just bought the Juicy Couture fragrance gift set. She noticed that they were offering a bonus gift of a cosmetic bag with lotions and samples for buying a full size bottle and wanted it. Her words were...."I just spent over a hundred dollars buying this gift set...shouldn't I get something for doing that?".
I carefully read the advertisement that was posted next to the display which read that the travel set was only for purchases of regular-full size bottles of the fragrance. Attached to the back of the display was a hand written note with exclamation points all over it..."bonus gifts are ONLY for full size bottles...NOT for buying gift sets!!!!"
The woman kept complaining and whining and I had fun saying over and over again...."I'm sorry, the rules are very clear here. What else can I do for you".
Every day is an adventure there.
My piano students are making good progress. They are getting in regular practice and all those little minutes add up and add up. I think I may be getting two more little kids too. Thursday is music day because I have my students in the afternoon and then choir practice in the evening.
DJ is doing great. His junior year is a major challenge. Four AP classes, choir and the school play in a few weeks. He's pushing to get his Eagle project done and trying to get his driver's permit. Outside of all that he is quite the party animal. J.U. really expanded his circle of friends and they are a great support to each other. Great kids all of them.
Ty is moving right a long in his new high school class. They have a full kitchen facility and laundry and they are practicing all of those domestic skills. Of course he will particularly enjoy the cooking classes. Anything with steam involved is awesome. Ty and Spence are getting along well at their home swapping computers and enjoying outings.
Spence is in a bit of a pickle. The new classroom is proving a real challenge. Yesterday I got approval for a Functional Behavioral Assessment by an ABA service provider. They will evaluate the class and how Spence is reacting to help us put together a behavior plan to support him. If that isn't going to work...we will have to look at other classrooms.
This weekend we will all attend a party in the park. The company that runs the boys' group home is having a community gathering. All the families and clients get to hang out and enjoy some time together. I'm really looking forward to meeting new friends and playing with the kids in the park.
Guy is chugging along at his job. Nothing new or interesting to tell.
And now back to me. I am doing better with the time off from seeing the boys. It sounds horrible but it is true. Guy is taking them out still and he is fine handling it on his own. I'm still taking things one day at a time and I call over to the house often to check on them. In my mind it is going to help me make it through Spencer's FBA assessment. The last time we had to go through this, Spence was still living at home. The stress was unbelievable and I'm glad I made it through in one piece but it was not easy at all. He is a high maintenance kid.
I'm looking forward to the next two months.
No comments:
Post a Comment