Tuesday, June 26, 2012

19 years and counting.......

This was us 19 years and two months ago. We were visiting Guy's grandparents in Wyoming. Our first road trip together. Oddly enough I had tried to break up with him the week before.

The break up was my fault. I was skittish because Guy was just too good to be true. He was kind, thoughtful, employed, self sufficient, practical, nerdy, smart, sweet, gentle, devastatingly handsome,  happy, spiritual and most important of all....he found my sense of humor appealing, (see above photo). 

We were engaged soon after and married even sooner.

Even though we were almost strangers when we decided to join our lives together, the journey since has been worth the risk.

I love everything about this man. And every time I start to get a little steamed up about finding his belt, his shoes, his ties, his books and more socks on the floor I remember to smile and be grateful he is here to leave those things around.

He slays the dragon every day for us. He is the most amazing listener and the perfect balance of common sense and practical thinking to talk me out of my daily tree.

I'm a lucky girl and I'm so glad that I came to my senses and said, "yes".

1 comment:

Annie Leavitt said...

happy anniversary! what a guy! (get it, guy!)