Thursday, June 21, 2012

she says it better than I do......

Stephanie Nielsen is an inspiring blogger that I have followed for a while. She survived a plane crash and lives with the scars from that accident.

Her recent post meant a great deal to me.

Being different in any way is a challenge and it takes time to adapt.

Some days you just want to be invisible.

Autism means that it takes a few minutes for anyone to figure out our differences. The boys' noises, movements, sudden lunges for other people's food, sudden urges to strip off their clothes and pee in public, etc.....make us unique.

Some days are better than others. Some days I feel strong enough to try new things. Some days, I don't feel strong enough for anything. But hearing the boys laugh and seeing them smile is precious. I'm grateful for all of it. And it is wonderful that they smile and laugh a great deal more now.

 Especially when we explore the food court at the mall on my break and find them mini-donuts....cinnabon....slushie drinks and more.

Notice how tiny I look. Everyone in the family has to stoop down to hug me.

1 comment:

Annie Leavitt said...

Love the pictures danna!