Huntington Gardens....I've always wanted to go.
This year we did it to celebrate our anniversary. DJ came along so it didn't count so much as a date but I couldn't bear to have him miss it.
It is a phenomenal estate. The house turned into a museum. a huge library hosting thousands of books. Incredible gardens.
It certainly left an impression.
We wandered around their mansion going from room to room. I tried to imagine living there and I couldn't do it. It was too big. I got tired of looking at all the incredible antiques that the Huntingtons had collected.
The servants annex has been turned into the grand gallery holding the full size portraits of very famous people. I got a close up look at "Pinky" and "Blue Boy".
Once we had reached our limit of admiring all the junk, we headed for the gardens.
What a revelation.
Those beautiful landscapes were more than worth the price of admission. The bonsai garden being a special treat.




No comments:
Post a Comment