There have been quite a few stories in the news about people and children with autism.
One last week was about a man who took off on a hiking trip and was rescued after two weeks living on frogs. The most recent was of a girl of 7 who crawled out on top of the family air conditioner on the side of their apartment building. She was dancing and singing and by the grace of God someone caught her when she fell off.
EVERY time i catch one of these stories, it begins. I remember every heart wrenching close call that we have had. And it gives me license to imagine even more horrible possibilities.
I waffle between horror and dread. Not a pleasant place to be. Especially now that Spence has started using some escape tactics at his home.
I need to do a post about what we did to try and keep the boys safe while they were here.
No comments:
Post a Comment