Wednesday, August 29, 2012

wow...people are reading this.....

I started this blog four years ago. Our home was exploding with stress and we were beginning the process of transitioning our two pre-teen boys into a group home for disabled children.

The journey has been long and painful, grueling and seriously the biggest challenge of our lives.

Chronicling this path has been helpful for me. I feel protected from other people's reactions while I type my feelings down while I sit in the familiarity of my own kitchen.

I also thought that my blog would catch on with other families that have kids in group homes. It is very difficult to connect for a number of reasons and I had hoped for a bigger response. Even thought about trying to add some message boards, etc.

The blog has been neglected for the last year because I started working part time and to say the least, it has been a life changing experience. In May I switched to full time and everything turned upside down again while I got my sea legs.

To be perfectly honest, I also stopped writing because it just hurt too much. I kept beating myself over the head because stuff was happening and I wasn't talking about it, but I couldn't type it. Plus I didn't think that anyone was reading it anymore, other than my family.

And then today, I got a message from a reader. I don't know this individual, but she reads my blog. It gave her hope. It gave her strength.

That is the reason I started this blog in the first place and now I am very glad that I did it.

If just one person can be encouraged to keep on keepin' on...I have done something good in the world.

Bless all of us, not just the group home mommies...all of us.

Here's to some more posts coming your way.

No comments: