Sunday, July 27, 2014

we're moving...we're moving we're moving!!!

It is finally here. The time to go. The house is half packed and yesterday we put down the deposit.

Barring bad behavior from the owner..we will be up and out in three weeks. I'm curious to see how she is going to clear out her terrarium posing as a house. Professor Sprout has quite the collection of ugly, potted plants. We're taking the boys to breakfast today...next Sunday we are attending church in the new ward and then we will be speaking in church on the 10th. I get to talk about the Fall and Guy will cover the Atonement.

Not very light subjects at all. Nothing like going out with a bang.

I'm giddy with the thought that work will be minutes away. I will gain many hours a week that I used to spend commuting. I'm delighted that I will be living on a flat plane again. No more steep-hill-trekking. We will be a block away from a park. 15 minutes from the boys' house. 20 minutes from Guy's work. 30 minutes from the beach.

this chapter of our lives is going to be very different than the past 21.

Empty nesters. No other obligations to conflict with taking care of Ty and Spence. No need to be concerned with DJ.

I'm already compiling a list of regular activities to enjoy at the boys' house. It even feels like a second chance to try again.

The chance to purge remnants of our survival for the last 13 years. I only want to have things around me that make me feel happy, strong and healthy now. I want to move from punishing myself for what I think should have happened to embracing what we have and making the most of it.

Honestly we are moving and we are moving on. Ready for change...ready for new....ready for the next page.

No comments: