Saturday, July 5, 2014

fouth of 2014....

this was a sweet one. I ended up having to work yesterday. They didn't have a closer. Time and a half to stand around a do lots of nothing. I think I had three customers. So I spent time doing game prep for the next presale. I'm trying out a new strategy and I'm excited to see if it will work. If I call 50 people a day every work day...I will make it through my entire customer list.

The long day of nothing ground to halt with the managers announcing most politely...."People...please stop shopping and get out of the store so that we can all go spend some time with our families on this holy holiday". But wouldn't you know it....the crazies were still pawing through the shoes while their baby was screaming in the corner.

I threw them a solid and closed out the registers for the shoe dogs. They had a MESS to clean up.

Scoot and boot down the freeway to our friend's house. It was so great to get out of the car and hear Tyler's voice hooting from the backyard. We sat...we chatted and the boys bobbed around in the water getting pruny and just super happy. Ty was shivering later on but wouldn't leave the pool so I made him heave himself into the jacuzzi.

At nine the fireworks started and they were right over the house. I dragged...literally dragged Ty to the driveway and we all enjoyed the show.

Best part of the night was snuggling with Spence on the step. Better said...I snuggled Spence and he let me.

So grateful for our sweet friends for having us over. So grateful for the lump in my throat cause I love my country. So grateful for the last 13 years of horrible because it is making our moments of goodness big enough to soften the sharpy parts just a little. Tender mercies are real.

No comments: