Wednesday, October 8, 2014

kitchen squish

This move to Riverside has taken us from 2004 to 1980 in house design and accommodation.

That means I had to leave my old kitchen that had more cupboards than I needed that were generously sized and perfectly proportioned and figure out how to make do with too many shallow drawers, under-counter cupboards deeper and darker than a black hole and weird shelving too skinny for anything useful.

It seems like I moved into a house designed by people who never saw the invention of Costco coming.

Editing my kitchen tools and debris has been a great challenge. of course it is all made easier because there are only two of us trying to eat here.

Don't get me wrong. I am pleased as punch to cook in my laminate palace.  I love every little corner and awkward space. It is perfect because it means I am here.


No comments: