Saturday, June 17, 2017

Magic Library catch-up

Saturday afternoon and I have a giant private conference room in the 18th Avenue library. Earplugs in and blessed silence.  This is my happy place.

I just finished all my online homework for the summer spanish class. It wasn't acceptable to have anything but 100% on every section. It is fascinating to feel how I bristle every time the program tells me I missed something. Plu perfect, conditional, imperfect subjunctive verbs all scrambled together so that I can read and speak at a deeper level. I do love the quiet and slow practice required for this kind of mastery.

So my head is spinning. I've GOT to take the GRE practice test. Four hours straight at a computer.

I'm teaching a relief society class in a week based on the talk "Joy and Spiritual Survival". So much triggering language in such a little talk. In spite of that it must be said that it is getting easier and easier to work through the rage to feel little pieces of peace.

Sarah brought up a good point, (but you won't find me giving her credit for it...not yet), that I express a great deal of responsibility to correct everyone. In truth, I have ALWAYS had a serious Jesus Complex. For whatever reason I have felt the responsibility of the universe on my little shoulders. Not a good idea to hang on to that one. I suspect it comes from a lack of trust in myself and others. Plus, if I'm busy handling the universe, I don't have time or the bandwidth to handle letting go and enjoying my own life.

Makes me want to play more golf. I am crushing it..literally. 210 yard drive. My short game sucks rocks but I have decades to work on it.



have I told you lately how much I love Columbus? I love it. It's my own little playground.

No comments: