Wow, wow and wow. I never would have imagined being where I am right now with my health and wellbeing. And by "now", I mean, starting a new Whole 30 session when I'm already at my lowest weight.
I should clarify "weight" too. I consider weight to be where my body is naturally holding without pushing myself with over exercise and tolerating starving behaviors.
It is safe to say that I have eliminated an enormous amount of Franken-Food from my diet. I've embraced kale, kimchi, hemp-hearts and chia. I rarely drink soda and opt for kombucha when I can justify the extra $3.50. I freebase avocado on a regular basis because that stuff is golden. Today I made homemade guacamole with shallots and lime juice for the first time. I slathered it between two strips of bacon...wowzers.
Salad has become the default behavior instead of happenstance and the amount of animal protein I eat has gone down exponentially.
We started our Whole 30 this past Monday with myself being the chief planner, cook and bottle washer. I don't mind doing it and prefer to have control. With that comes responsibility and I'm happy to say that the stress level this go-round has been far less than the first attempt. There are a lot of things that are working better this time and I feel the need to celebrate.
All the cool things I love right now.
1. I'm comfortable using my Instant Pot pressure cooker. It is very relaxing to have a bunch of recipes that I'm used to following already in my wheelhouse. This means I have learned a LOT about myself as a cook and our tastes really have changed these past few years.
2. I have NEVER begun any diet overhaul or detox when I've been at my lowest weight. I've been working hard nurturing my body so that good food is the norm and not a chore. ALL THE CHANGES ADD UP OVER TIME. It really does happen. It is such a shock to actually experience it in real time. This is me right now?
3. I'm meal planning and trying to get everything ready to go and I'm not freaking out. In fact, I'm intrigued with tweaking and learning how to really game the system. I hate wasting food. I hate eating boring food. I want it all, the planned meals, the grab it and go snacks and the ability to write it down on a sheet of paper and check it off.
4. I can crush push-ups like a boss. Full scapular extension and contraction. My neck still bugs but it is still a work in progress. Single-leg RDL's....nailed it.
5. I'm a damn good cook. I can make things taste oh so yummy and that makes me feel good. Coconut lemongrass chicken...coming right up...to melt your face off!
6. I workout, like a boss. Three times a week unless I'm crippled with any upper respiratory problems. I'm rough and I'm tough and I can ride my bike all over town.
This is a good day. This is a good post.
No comments:
Post a Comment