I found a happy medium, made some requests and am starting to feel better. I told my team leader that everyone needs to leave me the heck alone. It worked. I had an interruption-free day yesterday. It was beautiful.
Funny how something so simple can make such a difference.
Course it didn't make me feel any better that I'm the only client they have ever had to make such a request.
Hmmmm. No doubt I could milk that one for a few hours of self-loathing.
High intensity- Special needs Mom coming your way......LOOK OUT!!!! SHE BE CRAZY!!
At least now, they will leave the crazy alone and I can pretend I am all alone in the house.
3 comments:
Were I you, I'd reframe this: You are the first parent who was *healthy* enough to set some boundaries in your home. Believe me, the real crazy people are the people too shy or clueless to ask for the space they need.
Now, stop the self-loathing right now and enjoy the quiet!
I'm so glad no one interrupted you!!! :) I've been wondering about it ever since I read your blog on Sunday. :) And mama mara is right, no self-loathing. You cannot be the first to have felt that way. I'm glad you stuck up for yourself. Mom needs to be taken care of too, and if that means to not bother her during therapy, I don't think that's too much to ask! :)
Point well taken. Loathing abated.
Post a Comment