Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Is this what normal feels like?

We are moving in the right direction.

After creating some space with our therapy team and getting a small break from Guy, DJ and Tyler, I got a taste of something I haven't felt for years.

For a few brief moments, I felt like myself.

It was a really neat experience. I have forgotten what feeling good feels like.

Now, don't get me wrong. I'm not lying in the fetal position all day.

It's just that taking away some really strong stressors had a positive effect. Fancy that, eh? Lowering your stress improves your well-being-GENIUS!

Now all I have to do is figure out how to dial down the heat a little more often. I could get hooked on that good feeling. It was nice.

2 comments:

Melanie said...

I'm so glad you got that. I hope now you'll be getting many more of those type of moments! :) A happy mom makes for a much happier family.

Maddy said...

Well said. We're all looking for that balance. I for one could do with a few hints. Well done you.
Best wishes