
So, my DJ is a freshman in High School and it is great. I love having a teenager in the house. Seriously, I do. He is a great kid and I love watching him grow, mature and change. It is wonderful that I am a stay at home mom and I don't miss anything.
Yesterday he came home with a curious look on his face. He was dying to share that he watched, "The Miracle of Life" in health class.
Do all of you remember that Nova special. It shows the reproductive cycle from soup to nuts. it is great.
He was a little horrified at the end when they show the baby crowning and being born in a full frontal shot. But overall, he found it fascinating. I was totally excited that he had seen it and I'm kind of sorry that I didn't have him see it sooner than when he was a freshman. Oh well. nothing I can do about that now.
The best part was after our little chat. He grabbed his backpack to head upstairs to start on his homework and he said..." oh, Mom? THANKS for going through that for me".
wow
It was so touching that he realized what I had gone through and appreciated it enough to mention it.
THAT is why I love having my boy around.
4 comments:
um, that is like a hallmark card.
perfect.
THAT is why I love reading your blog.
Oh, that's so sweet. :) Thanks for sharing.
Oh! that was wonderful. you do indeed have a great kid.
Post a Comment