Wednesday, February 10, 2010

not for the faint of heart...

I'm only doing this for posterity.

We had a pretty upset young man today. I captured it on my phone so please forgive the shaky camera work.

This is the first time that I have documented a tantrum.

For good measure, I sent a copy of it to my case worker at the regional center.

2 comments:

Mierins Family said...

You must have the patience of a saint. Matthew's tantrums are highly explosive, very loud, and include lots of hurtful words, but they are usually over in a matter of a couple of minutes. Once I send him off to his room where he can refocus, he calms down and life goes on. It breaks my heart knowing you've been doing this for so many years and now you've got more hoops to jump through. You guys are in my thoughts and prayers every day. You probably need a good piece of chocolate!
Gail

Unknown said...

Thank you so much for sharing this. I know how hard it is to maintain a sense of calm while your child is melting down and hurting both himself or another person in the process.
My prayers continue for you and your family.
You are not alone!