I am a Mormon. Officially...a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.
Been one my whole life.
One unique aspect of the organization of this church is that local congregations manage their affairs completely with volunteers. Working together, the members give the talks on Sunday, administrate programs, teach the lessons, and provide service. The jobs are shuffled around and so in my lifetime I have had experience in a variety of roles.
Cub master, teaching kids of different ages in Sunday School and the young kids classes aka; Primary, running the music time for kids, playing the piano for the kid's music time, teaching the youth classes, teaching the adult womens' class, playing the organ, directing the choir, teaching the adult Sunday School class, working on the activities committee and most recently....NURSERY.
Nursery handles the kids between ages 18 months to 3 years.
I have been working in there for a few weeks now and it is amazing. I get to play for two hours a week with these little guys.
The thing that is making this so great is that everything that I have learned in ABA therapy for the last 12 years TOTALLY works for these guys.
AND....THEY.....RESPOND!!!!!!!!
Holy crow!
They think that I'm this crazy fun lady and LOVE to come and play. I can anticipate stuff and my lighting quick reflexes are so useful when we get 14 ankle biters going at it at once.
The positive responses from these little guys are melting my heart...filling in all those cracks and giving me so much joy.
Guy made a point the other day when I was describing our successes in class. This just goes to show how hard I learned to work with my boys. It wasn't for lack of effort that we couldn't crack their code. And for the simple fact that I can see that now makes this one of my sweetest Christmas seasons...ever.
4 comments:
Love to hear about the healing and the cracks filled with joy! love you! s
have I told you lately that I love you?
had another thought ( just free forming--nothing to do with or to diminish your new insights)--did you know that Granny's favorite church job was the 3 yr olds? she would ask for that job in new wards! she was great with them and they just loved her too-- it probably had something to do with the fact that she would end every class--during the time they were waiting for the grownups to come and pick them up-- by having them sit in front of her on a special blanket while she passed out handfuls of cheerios!!!!!
marvelous ingsight.....feel the peace.
Post a Comment