Monday, April 4, 2011

world autism awareness day....


Saturday was World Autism Awareness Day and I missed it.

All of my exposure to the autism world has slowly withered away to:

1. following some helpful blogs by other autie moms...(mama mara you are sorely missed)
2. catching a random article in my online news
3. running into other parents once in a blue moon
4. IEPs
5. re-arranging my stack of autism books that I've collected over the years

Other than that, I don't try and find anything out anymore. At least for now.

Thankfully, there are some people who really know their stuff and take the time to talk about it. Two really excellent posts are here and here.

Even if you have typical kids, the second one is an amazing post. And so I will post it again HERE!

I can say, with confidence, that I am aware of autism. I know what it is. I know some of the things you can do.

No comments: