what are we doing right now?
DJ....mastering AP Chemistry one ion at a time
Guy....tolerating an inordinate amount of buttinsky and nagging from his wife, fighting the Grinch within and mastering the art of buying houses at auction
Ty......growing facial hair and mooching ice cream from everyone he sees. Your ice cream is really HIS ice cream sitting in front of YOU temporarily
Spence......avoiding roller coasters with a passion, rocking a very grownup haircut and being just a little more relaxed and growing taller at the speed of light
me......picking up all the extra holiday hours she can right now, HATING every Christmas Carol that pop stars ever dared to cover, ( I love you Sammy Davis JR but you stink at singing anything about Christmas. The same goes for Mariah, Cheryl Crow, George Michael, Celine, Neil Diamond, and the most horrible song about someone wanting an ALIEN for Christmas.) I have been listening to ALL of you since the week of Halloween and it is painful.
The best part of this holiday is listening to DJ sing caroling gigs with his Advanced Choir. They dress up and sing all around town as a fund raiser for the spring trip to San Francisco. They sound AMAZING....no joke. I've got to record the whole thing some time this next week. The Christmas Concert is tomorrow night and I"m not even going to wear mascara, I know the beauty is just going to slay me.
Saturday night our ward choir is performing for the Creche Festival at our Stake Center. We have been practicing for weeks and weeks and I ALWAYS get testy before our annual performance. Working is taking the edge off and for that I'm grateful. It really helps to try and make people smile all day instead of being alone with my thoughts.
3 comments:
Sounds like a great December so far, minus the music. :) I want to hear DJ sing something! And see Spence's hair!
I'd like to add Air Supply to the list. Just a suggestion;)
At my job they played Michael Jackson (as a kid) singing Christmas music. I was so sick of it!
Post a Comment