Friday, December 23, 2011

surreal.....and not in a good way.......

this is my first Christmas working retail.

I've learned that I cannot tolerate nine weeks of Christmas Carols. I LOVE all the customers and it has been enormously satisfying to help them all out.

My only advantage being that I started work back in September giving me enough time to learn a little before the crush of holiday shoppers. But NOTHING prepared me for yesterday.

I was asked to interview for a section in the cosmetics department that I rather enjoy so ....very flattering. I ended up filling out a formal complaint against a fellow employee for threatening and harassing behavior. Working with this person has been unnerving and a little frightening.

And the coup de gras....on my way out to my car, the manager of security asked me to follow him back into the store. I cannot divulge any details about what had happened but suffice it to say....someone has been naughty.

Once this issue is resolved I can fill in all the gory details. but HELL'S BELLS....this has been the craziest Christmas season I have ever known.

1 comment:

Melanie said...

Dang Danna! Sounds like you're having all kinds of eye-opening experiences! Hope you get some time off this next week!

Merry Christmas!