I joined Orange Theory Fitness in October of last year. It seriously kicks my trash.
HIIT cardio training and a wide range of strength exercises plus...rowing.
I love it because you HAVE to sign up for a class to attend, (positive pressure) and if you cancel the class less than eight hours before it starts, THEY CHARGE YOU MONEY.
Since I am super high in conscientiousness, it keeps me going and it keeps me working.
They break up the monotony by having fun little challenges that encourage you to try harder to meet and exceed personal benchmarks. Every January they have a "Transformation Challenge" for eight weeks. I did the challenge and won second place!! I won free tuition for a month.
I'm very pleased with my progress with the program. I couldn't run at first and now I can. My blood pressure is outstanding and I'm getting stronger and stronger every month to point where I decided to TRY the Dri-Tri.
It consists of rowing 2000 meters first, running over to the weight floor and completing 300 body weight exercises like burpees, pushups, squats, etc, and then hopping on the treadmill for a sweet little 5K run. Easy..peasy...lemon....squeezy.
My goal was....to not puke.
Mission accomplished!!!
It took me one hour and 2 seconds to finish and I wasn't last.
I'm glad I did it. I finished and I learned more about my limits and where I have opportunities to change. Picked up some sweet swag to boot!
It is eight weeks until the end of Seminary. I think I'll do my own Transformation Challenge to help me get through the end of this year.
No comments:
Post a Comment