Sneak Attack. A surprising event you weren't expecting.
My new favorite phrase from the show, "Kim's Convenience" on Netflix. A Korean family owns a convenience store in Canada. Guy thinks it is boring but to me, charming and funny.
I just pulled off a sneak attack of my own. My typical response to attempting any life change is to tell the whole world about it while it is happening. Discretion is not a word in my vocabulary when there was a new adventure ahead of me. It bit me in the behind when I applied for Grad School at OSU and then didn't get in.
I tried starting to apply for grad school last fall right after we moved to Florida. It quickly became evident that I was NOT in the right headspace. Guy had just been promoted into his dream job as president of his division. It is difficult to describe how much that responsibility has changed our lives. It made me want to immediately jump into something new to distract me from the long hours I was spending at home.
I'm glad I paid attention to the negative emotions that were bubbling up as I was uploading transcripts. I put it all away and took a step back. I needed time to adjust to our new home and Guy's new job. So I've been making the most of working on our self care. We've got our healthy rhythm going.
I took up the baton again in March and finished my application. This week I got the call. I am a newly minted Northwestern Wildcat starting school in June. I'm dialed into 27 months of insanity and a whole new direction for my life.
It was a sneak attack because for once, I did NOT let the whole world know of my plan. I didn't even tell my parents.
SNEAK ATTACK!!
I'm freaking excited to get started.
No comments:
Post a Comment