Boys have been gone since Friday. I'm shocked that things have gone so well. Last Thursday was an absolute nightmare with tantrums all day long.
In spite of the pandemonium, I kept things on course. I followed through on everything. I WAS CONSISTENT.
Also have had a string of ...gulp...successful outings?
How can this be?
Over and over again I find myself looking to see how I can set myself up for success. Pizza at Costco BEFORE we try shopping.
All I can say is that this summer has been a surprise. It has been brutal, demanding, difficult but not insurmountable.
I feel strangely empowered to be able to be more consistent, to try more new things and to accomplish more.
Maybe these are more repercussions from losing the 40 pounds. How unlikely would that be? Feeling better and having more energy from having better health. Less depression equals better performance. I'll have to mull that one over some more.
Two and a half weeks till school starts. I'm not going to know what to do with myself.
No comments:
Post a Comment