Friday, July 4, 2008

Fourth of July: no fireworks for us!

(This is a photo that Spence put together and recorded using Photobooth on our MAC)

Most holidays are still spent at home. The fourth isn't a lot of fun. We can't do the fireworks thing. The boys haven't had good experiences with them. Never mind tolerating the standard military fly-over.

With this blog, I'm starting to get more self-conscious about how I spend my day. How much have I let autism dictate our family routine.

How much do I "need" to have it dictate our routine.

What is the secret to acclimating ourselves and our community to autism?

Is it unreasonable to expect to be able to enjoy simple every day activities someday?

Is it unreasonable to fear being judged for my decisions?

Why do I care so much what others' think about how we are trying to survive?

Am I still a good person if things haven't turned out the way I expected?

How much time/energy/strength do I have for each day?

No comments: