Both boys are in the middle of gigantic tantrums so this is a GREAT time to blog!!!
O.k.. It is summer vacation. Spence is getting 22 hours a week of therapy. Tyler is getting nothing. Home all day every day.
Our respite worker just moved to Chino and isn't available during the week to take Tyler out while Spence is working.
So...no respite means we are all trapped at home.
I want to take the kids to Target to pick up more Pull-ups and maaaybe a treat. If the boys are good...then we can pick out something.
We go straight to the diaper isle and the fun begins.
Tyler loves to play with the new version of the Pull-Ups. The ones they are trying to make look like boxer shorts. He likes to pour water into them and ruin them. So he asks and I say "no". There is the beginning of the drama.
I head over to the shoe section to see if we can find some better summer shoes and the whining is still o.k. but nothing too terrible.
Tyler starts asking for the other Pull-Ups and gets another "no" from me and then it is over. I say" let's go" and Tyler pulls out the stops and starts howling. Spence can tell that we aren't going over to the toy section and now they are howling in stereo.
The check out was blissfully fast and the poor lady was stunned to see the boys so enraged.
I think we had one of them throw themselves on the floor. Not sure since it all seems a blur now.
O.k....heading out the door at full decibles and all eyes are on us. Who is this crazy lady and how come she is torturing her bratty kids?
Howling to the car.
Howling and hitting in the car.
It takes a full 15 minutes for the boys to stabilize enough for me to drive. I use that term loosely because the howling hasn't stopped but they have stopped hitting me and each other. Tyler starts playing games with the seatbelt and I'm trying to keep my sense of humor for D.J.'s sake.
The plan was to hit the grocery store on the way home but that would have been throwing gas on the fire.
Making it home. Send Spence to his room. Ooops, make him go potty first so we don't get any "revenge accidents" in his time-out.
40 minutes of tantrums. Not bad.
I think we are ready for the store. We are going for one watermelon, some pickle relish and a head of lettuce.
Wish me luck.
No comments:
Post a Comment