I'm picking out paint colors. It's time to cover up all the "contractor white" we have going on. Doesn't help morale at all when you feel like you are in an institution!
I've painted splotches on surfaces all over the place. They sit there for days until I finally say....hmmmm....NOPE.
As I pick out the colors that, "call", to me, it's funny to see all the color trends of my past.
The final theme that keeps coming back to me is "beach cottage".
Since the beach is our favorite place to be as a family, maybe these colors will inspire better behavior from the boys??? Maybe I will be able to maintain a more calming aura when I'm surrounded by colors named: hush, tranquility and marscapone.
One can only hope.
4 comments:
i think you're giving the paint a really tough job!
i say, color is good. but i don't think color can change your life. this said from someone who has an all white house.
i know i want the impossible. I'm dreaming a little dream.
I do love color on my walls. It's so fun to finally do it, but it was a pain to realize after painting that it wasn't turning out the way I had hoped in the living room.
Good luck finding the "just right" color!
My house is filled with bright golds, warm oranges, deep blues, and I love it. Two years after I dared to go bold, the colors still make me smile every time I walk in the house. Go for it!
Post a Comment