This is it. My first pie ever. Do I look elated? Can you tell I've been working for the last six hours to get dinner ready?
It was actually relaxing and in the end very satisfying. The dinner turned out great. I'm glad I made the executive decision to just cook a turkey breast. I hate the guilt of wasting all that food.
Here was the menu:
turkey breast-extra juicy and tasty, thanks to butter and salt put under the skin!
Sweet potatoes in a lemon glaze.
homemade rolls
mashed potatoes
gravy
cranberries-not out of the can
cream cheese with a fruit chutney and triscuits
salad.
PUMPKIN PIE.
Tyler ended up just having a bowl of Redi-whip. He prefers that to pie.
The biggest excitement for me was watching Spence actually pound down the turkey! Why does it give me so much pleasure to see my kid getting quality protein? Because it is dang hard to do! This is Spence doing his best to mug for the camera. Notice the ketchup??
I must give thanks for all I have.
A home we can stay in.
Too much food to eat.
Warm flannel sheets.
a faithful dog
beautiful children
a faithful husband
employment
the Gospel of Jesus Christ
paid service providers
cooperative school employees
rain
sunshine
the ocean
love
life
scorching fast internet connection
my gym membership
family
literacy
the right to vote
friends
padlocks and locking doors
a keypad in the garage
nice neighbors
mean neighbors that don't bother us
Disneyland
California
naps
2 comments:
I'm so glad your dinner turned out to be great!! It really is so satisfying to make good food and then share it with people you love AND, watch them enjoy it! :)
ditto on mel. it sounds like you had a great holiday.
i love your grateful list. you are too funny.
Post a Comment