This post is equal parts whining and showing gratitude.
I love it that each week my leg is getting stronger. I have a great physical therapist and I don't have to take drugs all day long to feel comfortable. I LOVE how my husband and son are taking care of me. I truly feel loved and appreciated. Guy cleaned my fridge yesterday while the football games were one. Love that man.
At the same time......I am losing my mind. I still cannot walk without the help of my crutches. Actually, I'm walking with my foot now but I have to brace myself and not let all of my body weight hit that knee yet. So now it feels like fake walking. I get the sensation of moving both of my legs but i can't DO ANYTHING!!!!
My progress is sloooooooooooow.
We are what...four weeks out from the surgery? I still have to have my crusty brace on all day and night.
Thanks for letting me whine. I am grateful.....soooo very grateful that my leg will eventually heal. I had an amazing surgeon and the best care i could ask for. I'm happy that my leg will be BETTER than it has been for decades.
I'm just losing my marbles watching the paint dry and world go round without me helping it.
Pooh!
2 comments:
I think you should write a book on endurance after all this!!! Gary and Bernie are up here visiting for a week, so I've gotten to hear of your lovely situation. Hope you are able to enjoy that bionic knee sooner than later! Hope you feel better soon!
Apparently, we need a lunch date/fieldtrip....I'll check the schedule and get back to you!
Post a Comment