Friday, September 10, 2010

Two days before the birthday.......


Another week of sore shoulders from gimping around on crutches. Another week of looking UP at people and things. Another week of noticing everything that is out of reach, how much easier it would be to have both my legs, and noticing how long it takes to recover from this surgery.

I'm a girl that likes to go......go......Go!!

I'm disappointed that I can't wean myself off my painkillers yet. I've tried the softer stuff and it just doesn't cut it yet. I guess having screws in your bones really DOES take a while to heal. Duh. But I am grateful that I don't have to live with the grinding aching pain all day. Soon enough, I will be back on my game.

I'm content learning how to pop wheelies in my chair. I WILL master it before soon.

OH....signed up for a disabled parking permit!!! How fun is that?

Couple that with using one of those motorized carts at the grocery store last night. Funners. I love how everyone gives.."the glance". Thank goodness I've had 12 years of "the glance" with the boys so I'm not so self conscious about it.

Now this weekend is ALL ABOUT THE BOY!
Our baby is turning 16. I've been planning an epic cake and party. Of course...I'll post pictures later.

What a mixed blessing to look through all our pictures and see how our guy has grown up. He is the sweetest child. Stubborn...sweet...kind....willing to please...hard working...thoughtful....curious....independent....too much goodness in one little boy/man.

I remember when he was a little boy. He wanted to be a baker....NOT a chef. Because a baker can cook whatever he wants...NOT what someone else wants!! So a baker and a comedian.....then a lawyer....then a dentist....now something with education and video game design. I love watching his ideas change.

So....the cake is baked...now it is time to decorate....Time to hang the lights and prepare for our JAZZ themed 16th birthday party complete with an EPIC ping pong challenge/karaoke and gourmet smores!

1 comment:

Melanie said...

Can't wait to hear how the party goes!! :) Happy Birthday DJ!!