Sunday, August 14, 2011

dress repair......


A long time ago, we were invited to a house warming/New Year's Eve party for one of Guy's bosses. (He has several).

I needed a LBD and searched high and low for ...something affordable and modest NOT EASY.

I was successful in my quest and found something with the requisite V-neck, empire waist with at least an A-line skirt, three-quarter sleeves and a little bit of sparkle on it cause this girl does not have bling.

Found this dress on clearance and after
I got it I found out why. The beading by the zipper was coming apart. Fortunately the zipper is under the arm. I was heart broken but hopeful. Maybe I could fix it?

Last week I stopped by Michael's. Bought a bad of beads that looked like the ones that were falling off and a beading needle.

20 minutes later I was done. It was the bottom row that was pulled off for about 5 inches.

I think it looks brilliant and I'm excited to wear the dress again.

The MINUTE I finished I thought to myself.. this is awesome. I'm short so no one will see this at my waist...UNDER my arm...."it will never be noticed from a trotting horse"

Yay for ME!


No comments: