Sunday, December 16, 2012

On my own...trip number two

I took the boys out Thanksgiving morning on my own. Guy and DJ were living it up in Utah with the fam and I had the midnight shift for Black Friday.

I raided Cinnabon the night before. Even though they were happy to see the goodies, the boys wanted to get out. I decided the park would be nice and took a chance that i could handle it alone.

Fortunately the park was deserted except for the weekend warrior basketball junkies.

It was a mellow, gentle hour on the swings. The people started showing up near the end. Perfect time to leave.

The boys did great.

Last week I decided to try again. My shift ended early and so I headed over to the house. My plan was dinner and a show...the show being the automatic car wash.

We loaded up on vittles at In and Out and I headed down to the Auto Spa. This place is great since it is all automatic and there are free vacuums at the end. A super Duper car wash for 8 bucks.

The real inspiration was sliding open the moon roof so the kids could get the full swishy effect from all sides.

Luckily I hadn't left the parking lot before Ty decided to spill the rest of his fries all over the freshly vacuumed floor. No problem, I flipped a U and made quick work of it. Next time I think I'll teach the boys how to do it with me.

The boys went home happy. I was more than pleased that it went well. I am working hard to re-learn how to do these visits. Baby steps into the elevator.

No comments: