Best night ever. I met Mr James Bond...Ukraine version.
After a brutal couple of weeks with presale and getting ready for Gift with Purchase. This guy gave me the thrill of my life.
I must set the scene. I'm 30 minutes over my shift and we are juggling 5 different customers.. we see a burly man waiting in fragrance and our aides offers to help but he insists that a "real" Lancome girl help him. I oblige and thank him for waiting and turn on my full charm to make up for the delay of service.
Cue some choice phrases in a language that sounds like Russian? Ok. This dude looks like a cross between Wilford Brimley and the author of 'Game of Thrones". Oh,,,,plus a comb-over. Super sexy and hard to resist. Coupled with over confident charm and a propensity to stand just a wee-bit too close for comfort.
I can see he is a man who responds to authority so I give it right back to him in my lilting Spanish. He likes my moxy and finally backs down and we get to business.
He's shopping a gift for his mail order bride. When I offered to wrap it up in a gift box he declined and made the point it wouldn't fit in his FOUR suitcases he has packed for the trip...to the Ukraine. My big mouth had to say.."whoah...that is going to be an expensive trip" and he replied..."well...I'm not coming back".
Awkward pause and all I could say is.." really...you're emigrating"?
Bond" I'm out of here"
Me "well...now seems like a good time to move there????
Bond " It's perfect...maybe I will get to kill some Russians"..(no small amount of creepy glee)
Me absolute silence
The rest of the transaction couldn't happen fast enough. He was delighted with his purchase and all the goodies that came with it.
I did my best to wish him well and his parting words..." I'll see if I can kill some Russians"...He was downright cheerful and enthusiastic when he said it too. the equivalent of "Have fun storming the castle".
Word to the Ukraine...watch out. Wilford Brimley Bond is on his way. His woman is waiting for him...she will smell beautiful and he is looking for any excuse to foment war.
No comments:
Post a Comment