Saturday, December 13, 2008

Highlights???? I don't think so

One of the main sources of the "highlights"!!!

Check out my rockin' grey hairs! I made the executive decision to NOT color my hair anymore.

My hairstylist graduated to a higher pay scale and that tipped me over the edge. Love the cut but I don't think I can stomach paying an arm and a leg to convince people that I'm not actually pushing 40 next year. Take me as I am.

I got the idea after reading an interview of Jamie Lee Curtis. She has gone au naturelle and refuses to color her hair anymore. The idea was really appealing to me. I haven't seen my own hair color for YEARS.

Started out Blonde as a baby and then graduated to sandy brown. I started highlights, AKA FROSTING!!!, in the 80's at the end of high school. Haven't looked back.

Spending a year and a half in Argentina naturally bleached my hair blonde. When Guy asked me out for the first time he was shocked to see me in short, brown hair. He had only known me as a blonde when he saw me in the mission field.

I went dark brown for awhile to cover the greys a few years ago.

Now it is all salt and pepper all the time. I wanted to do the silver fox thing that my mom is rocking. Her hair is that awesome silver white color. My suspicions are that I'm going to be the mousy one of the family for quite a while. Time will tell, that's fer darn tootin.

I'm pretending that the grey is really just highlights and it isn't really showing my age. I'm always going to look like I'm 21 anyways.

Sigh. Dare to dream.

1 comment:

Casdok said...

Its good to dream!
Love the photo!!