We survived another IEP today.
Three month review of our attack plan to reverse-integrate Spence back into the SDC classroom. ( He was kicked out of his SDC classroom 1 1/2 years ago for out of control behaviors).
So far-excellent results. We got funding through the end of February. He will be attending for a full day by then.
I probably consumed 10,000 calories bracing myself for the worst outcome.
Hopefully my workout this afternoon made a dent in there.
After it is all said and done I realize that I don't trust myself. When things fell apart two years ago, it was awful. A real living hell. I hated myself, blamed myself, hated what was happening in our home. We were looking for weekend respite for my boy.
I can appreciate more and more how much I have been conditioned to brace myself for the worst.
It really is time to move on and move forward. Spence is doing phenomenally well. He will be fully integrated back into the classroom by February 9th. The whole school day-every day.
WE are on the right path for him. We are on the right path for our family.
Heck, I just signed Tyler up for a week of summer camp through our regional center. We are already planning how we are going to practice having him sleep over at friends houses without his family with him. How amazing is that?????
Too many blessings. I can't handle it. There isn't enough room to contain them.
Thanks be to God.
3 comments:
Congrats! I totally get that "bracing for the worst" reflex, which sends me running to the fridge for courage-calories.
Enjoy the fruits of your hard work to get your family back on track. You should be really proud of everyone... especially of YOU.
that's awesome danna! i'm so proud of you and your family for fighting so hard. keep up the good work!
Courage calories. Wow, That totally fits the description.
Thanks guys. I deserve a nap, not a cookie.
Post a Comment