The boys are home from school for three weeks starting today. Words cannot describe how disappointed I am that I'm NOT looking forward to it. I imagine what it would be like to love to have your kids at home all day every day. You would have a an endless list of things both fun and tedious to accomplish.
I have to brace myself for the worst. There is nothing worse than hours of un-structured time for Tyler. Spence has therapy for 8 hours a day-thank the MAKER!! But Ty is bored.
I even had him go to the bounce house with his social rec assistant for a few hours today. I was able to shower, clean up the downstairs a little and vacuum before they got home. Now he is home and it is only 2:26 pm.
I think I'm going to have to invent a new strategy for these breaks. No more drowning my disappointment in too many carbs and TV. I'm going to have to MAKE myself keep going. Step by painful step through the day.
I am continuing my exercise and that is sweet relief . I only want that relief to last longer than an hour and a half.
The storm clouds rolling in right now definitely foreshadow my struggle.
This is the plan: survive these next 21 days, possibly thrive. Find some new activities to interest Ty. Pray for the space/time continuum to fold over and make these next few weeks feel like just a few days?????

1 comment:
Ditto!!!! I always shake my head in utter amazement at people who tell me how glad they are when break comes, so they can have more time with the kids. What planet do they live on?
Totally with you on this, my friend. Totally with you.
Post a Comment