Remember I told you about the commute home from Mom's house?? 7 hours of Tyler howling and whining in the car??
The boy is at it again today. Since about 8:40 this morning we haven't been able to find the off switch on this kid. He will only point in the general direction of what he wants.( I KNOW he wants to fill up the kitchen sink and put the broken up pieces of styrofoam in the water). Nothing else will satisfy.
He's already tried biting me twice. Right now he is pounding on my bedroom door as he howls.
Maybe I should have known better from seeing him at the breakfast table this morning. Brazenly stealing the crispy bacon right off the plate in front of me. ( I always have to hold it hostage until the eggs get eaten first). Twice he grabbed some!! Faster than the speed of light.
It really was impressive.
Then he did the potty dance and faked needing to go to the restroom while we are all sitting there at the table waiting to start.
Only 3 days and 21.5 hours until school starts again. If we are lucky, he will live to see it and so will I.
This kid is the reason I'm 40 pounds overweight. Too much food is the only medicine that kills my pain and makes all the bad noises go away.
1 comment:
Eeek! Who in heaven's name thought Winter Break was a good idea? Not long enough to get into a routine, not short enough to avoid the howling meltdowns, just long enough to make my thighs expand beyond my pants' capacity to contain them.
Keep the faith, darling. And for goodness sake, get that kid some styrofoam! Whatever works...
Post a Comment