Day one of 2009. Time to question the universe.
At what point to you say enough is enough?
I drove Guy to LAX for his short little man-cation with his brother and brothers in law. They get to go to the Sugar Bowl. I'm totally excited for Guy to have this treat. His team may never get there again and it is a sweet moment. Bonus that he gets to be there with his little brother. They don't see each other above three times a year.
So I'm driving home and the boys are upset. There is no way to tell what the problem is. It could be that they are upset that Guy isn't in the car anymore. They could be constipated. They could be tired of driving. (Funny. They spent a whole day in the car with Guy last week and they were fine).
BTW. Upset means: howling, growling, hitting, yelling, kicking me from the second row and repeating the words " I wan, I wan, I wan, I wan" and yelling, "Bathroom please" at every exit sign. (Just for the record, when we got home and I stuck him on the pot.....teeny, tiny tinkle, thank you very much!).
Thank the maker I thought to bring my ear plugs. Sorry Mr. Highway Patrol Man.
I have the world to be thankful for. I have too many blessings to count. But the fact that I can't drive in the car with my children and keep them safe is stupefying.
What kind of quality of life are we entitled to have? What would I tell my best friend if she were going through this same thing? What will I think of all this when I look back on my life?
My life is absolutely nuts with these brief 10 second moments of bliss. I cannot believe that this is how I am living. I think I need to just shut up and be grateful for whatever bliss I get and move on.
Course it doesn't help that I went to be at 2 and woke up at 6:30.
No comments:
Post a Comment