Thursday, April 22, 2010

the first night....

Tyler moved in yesterday at 1 in the afternoon. I signed all the paperwork and Guy worked on moving all of Ty's stuff into his new bedroom.

I could tell that Tyler knew something was going on. He didn't look nervous at all. He looked like he was thinking. I caught him glancing at the back of the car a few times while we drove over. I was watching his face like a hawk to detect any kind of distress.

The boys' regional center case worker was there and looking misty. She really went to bat for our kiddos. Someone will be sending her flowers shortly.

Later in the evening, Guy and I installed his computer with all the important movies. The staff had taken the boys out for a ride in the van.

There were still some administrative things to manage for Ty to be able to start school on Friday and that has been making me nervous and worried until today.

But then...it was done.

We drove home that night and hung out with DJ in a quiet house. The peace was deafening.

We sat and joked and laughed and worked on DJ's vocabulary homework together. DJ figured out that if he uses his vocabulary words to describe scenes from "The Office", he can understand and remember them better.

I kept catching myself every few minutes checking for noises and expecting to be interrupted. It never happened. It is the strangest feeling.

Today I handled the remaining signatures for school registration and bought some fun fidgets for Ty to take to school.

And now all I want to do is take a nap. I don't even want to eat. Just be quiet, don't talk to anyone and nap.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I am so glad to hear that the transition went smoothly for Tyler. In some way it must have been a relief to see his peace about the situation and the move.
I pray that same peace is with you, Guy, and DJ during the coming weeks and months. I am sure it will be quite hard for you all at times.

Melanie said...

Hugs to you all Danna. We love you.

Holly said...

My thoughts are with you! If anyone can understand this post, I can!