One thing that happens when you move your children out is that they then qualify for SSI benefits. Well, at least our children do. Guy has always made a strong living and we didn't qualify for the monthly stipend.
Once the kids are in a group home, they are considered independent and the benefits kick in.
And kudos to the government. (Did I just really say that?)
You can register ONLINE for the benefits. It took a couple hours but....I did it. All by my lonesome.
It is a fascinating journey as you systematically go through every report, evaluation and medical testing that has been done on your child. (Beware all ye who enter.. you MUST be organized and have all your paperwork handy! You are entering names, dates, addresses and phone numbers for ALL your reports)
The last two days have been a sentimental journey from the time we first noticed something "off" about Tyler down to this current evaluation that we just finished.
With Spencer's exit, I sat in the SSI office for almost two hours while I dictated info to a clerk. This time, I did all the data entry. You print off the medical release forms, sign them and take it all in for a short meeting. Piece of cake.
Thank you..."Paper Reduction Act"...you have made my life a little easier today.
No comments:
Post a Comment