Sunday, April 4, 2010

what Easter means to me.....

I am a devout member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, ( aka...a Mormon). And with today being Easter, I feel impressed to express my feelings of gratitude and appreciation for Jesus Christ on this most sacred of holy days.

The atonement of Christ means many things to me. Not only does it mean that I can be forgiven for my sins and shortcomings, but that there is someone who understands my situation implicitly. Jesus's suffering in the garden of Gethsemane included feeling the pains and sufferings of every person who would ever live on the earth.

Throughout my experience with autism, I have turned to the Lord for answers, strength, peace and endurance and I have always been helped an hundredfold. My problems haven't been taken away way but I have felt an increase in my abilities to be able to do more and be more for my family.

My relationship with the Lord has helped me time and again to put my life in perspective. To consider what I am learning through my ordeal. To understand that the purpose of life isn't just about ease and comfort.

As member of the church we believe that this life is a time to prepare to meet God. Our families can be together for the eternities and not just for this life alone. There is a great Plan of Happiness for the world. We are all children of our Heavenly Father and He loves us.

I have felt His love and consideration throughout my whole life but never more intensely than during our enormous challenges.

I will be forever humbled by the Lord's sacrifice for me and His infinite atonement.

I.....Love.....Easter.

No comments: