Interesting week so far.
Every day finds me just a little stronger and that makes me super happy. I spend time every day meditating and visualizing my tissues being happy and coming together.....stronger....faster....more powerful than ever before......
Guy and I have our routine down and we know exactly what i need to have beside the bed so that I can last awhile before needing help. (I hate asking for stuff).
I have learned that going up and down the stairs on my bum takes longer but it isn't as exhausting as hopping on one leg and grabbing the banister.
The dogs are scared to death of my crutches and so I'm not in any danger of them running me over anymore.
If I shower in the morning when I have more energy I don't feel like throwing up from the effort....bonus.
My ability to nosh on food all day has come to an end. Guy has had executive power over my nutrition and has therefore consigned me to nothing but good food for a week and a half and so i am losing weight while I wait (ha ha) for my leg to heal....extra bonus!!
I've been working with a good friend putting together our boy's 16th birthday bash. It's going to be EPIC!!! She cobbled together the most amazing invitations working off a jazz theme. (I'll post pics later)
Decided to use some pictures of DJ as part of the decor for the party and so I've been sorting through albums.
It made me cry. Sooooo many memories. Can't really talk about it right now, but it helped to see the good times and the things we tried to do with family.
Where did the time go??
Today I had a visit from my visiting teachers. Every woman in our church has a team of two ladies from the congregation that are assigned to keep in touch every month and bring a short spiritual lesson. My visiting teachers have been really great and helpful during the last two years. They brought me some fun videos to watch and...........HARDTACK CANDY from Pennsylvania!!!!
This stuff is so much fun. It's just homemade hard candy that you break up and coat with powdered sugar to keep it from sticking together. You can make it in all kinds of flavors.
When our family moved to Pennsylvania, people would bring loads of the stuff to school to sell at bake sales and during lunch time. I LIVED for it. A little bag of happiness..just for me. It was DELIGHTFUL to feel the nostalgia wash over me. Just lovely.
The best part of this week is that I am noticing my heart, my mind and my body all breathing a collective sigh.
This is the first time that I can remember not having anything to do. I have no requirements to fulfill, no responsibilities to manage...nothing is due. My plate is empty.
It's like I'm getting a massive do-over after years of too much of everything.
It's been three months since tyler moved out and it feels like a year.
I'm so grateful for this surgery. It's an incredible opportunity to regain my mobility and strength. To have this time to rest and reboot. I cannot say thank you enough to my incredible husband. He's pulling out all the stops to make this happen. Kudos to him.
I'm profoundly grateful to the staff and management of the boys' home. Without them, I couldn't be getting my knee fixed. My love and enjoyment of my children has gone off the charts since their transitions.
So here I am....grateful and getting rested to start a brand new chapter in my life.
p.s...we ate the cantaloupe that grew in our garden!!! it tasted like sweet mouthfuls of sunshine wrapped in sugar and covered in happiness. YUM!!
No comments:
Post a Comment