Finally got my leg fixed.
Monday morning Guy and I went to the surgery center. The staff was fantastic and very kind. It helped to calm my nerves because I had spent the whole night having nightmares about my surgeon.
Scenario: My mom was with me and we were at the wrong facility and the staff kept telling me that the doctor had quit his practice just last night. He wasn't going to be doing my surgery. It was awful!!
I came out of the anesthesia pretty rough. My first thought was....burning!! Pain!! the nurse gave me some shot in the IV and it quickly went away. However, I was unable to focus for hours afterwards!! I'm a leetle sensitive to drugs.
So i am home, in bed, hooked up to an ice circulation machine and a knee movement machine for 8 hours a day.
The dope they gave me takes the edge off the pain but I can't focus at the same time...bother!
We are heading into day three and the crazies are creeping around the corner.
Just for fun, I made a break for it. I hobbled downstairs and figured out that moving around like that...makes me nauseated. Yikes.
Back in bed like a good girl.
Only 86 more days to go!!
2 comments:
Dana! Take care of yourself!! Sorry about the crazies creeping in but just rest and heal! You will soon be back on your feet....soon, I say. 86 days is just an estimate, right? love you girl, s
Hello??? Are you coming back to the world? When can I come see your crippled self?
Post a Comment