The time has gone by very quickly.
I cannot believe that we are coming up on a year of both boys in their home. Two years for Spence.
What has changed:
the boys have calmed down. They have relaxed into their world of predictability.
Our sophomore has turned into a different boy....in a very good way.
all of them have sprouted two feet taller...feels that way.
the pace of life has gone from 60,000 mph down to about 5.
I have put out some decorative items that aren't nailed to the walls or hidden behind doors.
I don't use my keys anymore. (every room in my house has a lock on it including the fridge).
the fam is getting more hot meals.
I am socializing more.
we are starting round two of gardening
we are finally consistent with our scriptures and prayers, temple worship and service...yesssssss!
What hasn't changed:
the pain. it gets a little dull around the edges more often...(which is a blessing), but it cuts your heart out.
wanting to still fix it so that we can live and grow up all in the same house.
the truth that this solution was the right one for our family, and our family ALONE. As soothing as it is to have people around you doing the same, having peers with this experience that you can see often just isn't in the cards for us.
The need to chose this solution every day for myself. it is annoying but I'm slooooooowly learning to stop fighting it.
My desire to be with all my children, every day while they grow up.
My everlasting devotion and love for my three beautiful boys.
No comments:
Post a Comment